What is your favorite guitar ?

Col Mustard

Reaction score
Do we have to pick just one favorite?
In 2019 I sold off all my "vintage" guitars, all my oldest
and most valuable instruments. ...for medical reasons.

For medical reasons I sold my house, I sold my boat, I sold tools, guns, bike, fishing gear... anything anybody would buy. My lady who had the medical crisis, sold anything she could also.
We gave away anything anybody would take, and we threw away whatever nobody wanted.

Having to go through a convulsion like that, I had to make hard choices about what guitars were my favorites. These were the ones I could not let go.
Left to right: 2012 Gibson SG special '70s trib... 2006 Martin XC1T acoustic, 2009 Warmoth fretless J-Bass, 2018 Gibson J-45 AG, and my real favorite: 2007 Gibson SG faded special modded with '57 Classic and Classic + and good wiring, along with other cool mods.
guitar family 2019@100.jpeg
That '07 faded special is the one I'd grab first if the house was on fire (after I got loved ones out). Each of these guitars sounds unique, and feels great in my hands.

AND there were two more that I didn't want to let go, but couldn't justify pulling them to Tucson in my trailer. So I "fostered" them with friends in Michigan and got them back last year when I returned.
SnowWhite Caledonia@100.jpg
I'm glad I have these two back... ye blonde and ye black...
Ye black and ye blonde... A tremendous pair.
'06 Fender Tele Deluxe replica and 2014 Epi ES-339 P-90 pro. Both with judicious mods in place of course.
These two are both excellent guitars, they both sound and feel very different. I love getting my hands on them.

So you can see that I don't play favorites... I love 'em all.
Love the one yer with, eh? I decided I didn't need my '66 Fender J-bass, or my 1936 Martin 0-17 or my 1975 Mossman Flint Hills dred. I turned those into money that we needed during our crisis. Which is the best thing to do.

Cooltouch

Reaction score
The problem with deciding on a favorite guitar is like a parent deciding which is his favorite child. I have favorites, with an "s." And I make no bones about it.

Now it is true that I will have favorites that are determined somewhat by time. That is, if it is a new guitar to me, then it's likely to be a favorite for a while. Other guitars that may have sat peacefully in their cases for too long, when taken out and played again, wake up memories that are often quite favorable. So a guitar like this will often move to the front of the line. But there's one other -- my daily player, the one that's seldom more than an arm's length away, the one that ends up taking the licks and the dents because it's seldom in its case, but the one that's loved all the same. This guitar holds a special place in my heart that none of the others do. So there's that.

I thought about posting pics, but to be fair to all the guitars I love, I'd be loading down the post with images, so I've decided to dispense with them, and just leave them to your imagination. An incomplete list follows, in no particular order:

2005 Classical -- copy of a Hauser built by me
1988 SG Showcase Edition
2022 SG Special w/P90s
2013 Les Paul Traditional
1997 Les Paul Special w/P90s
2018 Les Paul BFG w/P90s
1996 Fender Stratocaster American Std.
2004 Fender Squier FrankenStrat
2010 Fender Squier Tele Affinity
1977 Osborne Prototype

3bolt79

Reaction score
Don’t know how to post pics straight vs sideways

GrumpyOldDBA

Reaction score
Had a bunch of favorites but the one at the moment holding that spot is my PRS SE semi holllow.

In sitting down holding it in this pic.

Its a 2018 model made in South Korea just one f hole then it has binding and its light ish.

Pickups are the TCI PRS Santana S.
IMG_9798.jpg

An Abiding Dude

Reaction score
Don’t know how to post pics straight vs sideways
You have to open them in your computer's (or phone's) photo editing program (it can be either "Photos" or "Preview" on a Mac) and reorient the photo (clockwise, counterclockwise as needed), save it, then post the saved photo. Viola!

Alanbama

Reaction score
My favorite has to be my Carvin SC6. It’s a wonderful custom guitar that is practically perfect. But I just got the new 1961 Les Paul SG and I really like it so far. We’ll just have to see.

3bolt79

Reaction score
I bought it for my son back in 2017. He picked it up after 6 months as he was overseas when I got it.

He got hard up for cash and I bought it. He bought it back later. I didn’t have it for 2 years and then he gave it back to me for XMAS in 2021.

It was a big gift. I gave him a Les Paul and a Kramer last Christmas. @An Abiding Dude

smitty_p

Reaction score
Favorite guitar?

I don't have one.

No favorite style of music, no favorite song, no favorite guitar, no favorite food, no favorite color...you get the picture.