What is your favorite guitar ?

Igonuts

Reaction score
Favorite. Hmmm.

"Most loyal" is my POS '68 F-540 Lyle accoustic steel string. Since '68 I've cheated on her countless times. Used, rode hard and put away wet. Broke her neck twice. Literally. Always forgives me. Never walked out on me either.

"Most unliked" is the '17 Epi faded Sg. She's a diver. Weak at the neck. Never stays true.

"Most wicked" is my Gibson '21 SG STD '61. No need for foreplay here. Skip 1st, 2nd, and 3rd bases. Go right to home plate at the 22nd fret and get down right dirty. Friday or Saturday nights, an outright unabashed slut.

Then there's my newest "crush". '22 LP Custom "Black Beauty" '70th anniversary. Got all the eye candy. Cleavage, long tennon legs, and jewelry. Like you're typical trophy wife.

20211023_184550.jpg 20211206_222701.jpg 20220617_145949.jpg

Last edited:

MR D

Reaction score
Favorite. Hmmm.

"Most loyal" is my POS '68 F-540 Lyle accoustic steel string. Since '68 I've cheated on her countless times. Used, rode hard and put away wet. Broke her neck twice. Literally. Always forgives me. Never walked out on me either.

"Most unliked" is the '17 Epi faded Sg. She's a diver. Weak at the neck. Never stays true.

"Most wicked" is my Gibson '21 SG STD '61. No need for foreplay here. Skip 1st, 2nd, and 3rd bases. Go right to home plate at the 22nd fret and get down right dirty. Friday or Saturday nights, an outright unabashed slut.

Then there's my newest "crush". '22 LP Custom "Black Beauty" '70th anniversary. Got all the eye candy. Cleavage, long tennon legs, and jewelry. Like you're typical trophy wife.

View attachment 48378 View attachment 48379 View attachment 48380
Gotta LUV those sluts! but, WOWO, the Black-Beauty is a STUNNER !Dang, I could stare at that one all day, every player should be sooo lucky !!! EBONY Fret-Board ? I finally got one (EBONY FB !)......a 2019 limited Editon......waited too many years too....and I almost never play it coz I'm scared what I will do to it....change strings,oil the board...play a few tunes....back in the case 'REX' goes...of course I cant post a picture....FFS !

Igonuts

Reaction score
Gotta LUV those sluts! but, WOWO, the Black-Beauty is a STUNNER !Dang, I could stare at that one all day, every player should be sooo lucky !!! EBONY Fret-Board ? I finally got one (EBONY FB !)......a 2019 limited Editon......waited too many years too....and I almost never play it coz I'm scared what I will do to it....change strings,oil the board...play a few tunes....back in the case 'REX' goes...of course I cant post a picture....FFS !

"back in the case 'REX' goes..."

Dealing w heat wave 96F 90% humidity. All are in their cases w a rice filled sock till this sh*t is over.
Was in Fla in 75 having a 20th anniversary LPC BB. Leaned real quick what humidity does to plating. Salt air too. Dust. Particles settle on the plating, moisture attacks that. Upon cleaning, little micro pits are left behind. Not havin that. As a result, I havent played it. Save plugging it in to ensure all works.

Alanbama

Reaction score
I can certainly relate to your heat and humidity problems my friend. I live close to Birmingham, Alabama and it seems like the humidity is always high. And right now the heat is trying to set records! It just takes so much work to try and protect all of your guitars. And I just have a few!

MR D

Reaction score
"back in the case 'REX' goes..."

Dealing w heat wave 96F 90% humidity. All are in their cases w a rice filled sock till this sh*t is over.
Was in Fla in 75 having a 20th anniversary LPC BB. Leaned real quick what humidity does to plating. Salt air too. Dust. Particles settle on the plating, moisture attacks that. Upon cleaning, little micro pits are left behind. Not havin that. As a result, I havent played it. Save plugging it in to ensure all works.
Glad to hear the preventitive part of that, maybe I am doing something right for a change...I was using 'desicut paks' for the longest time (it is what was in 'REX' Hard Shell Case direct from GIBSON Custom Shop) but now I switched to the D'Addario Humidi-packs......but they are like $8/pop and last 3 months in humid weather........that rice in a sock idea sounds like a winner to me....
May I ask.....Where, exactly, inside the case do you put the sock ?

Igonuts

Reaction score
I only have 2 SGs an LP and an acoustic. Inside the horn or single cut away on the LP. Acoustic I drop in the sound hole. They're the wifeys cotton ankle socks. Theys little puppies. Suppose baby socks would do. Don't take much. Fill sock leave enough room to (bread loaf) twist tie it. Her idea. Her socks.

Last edited:

TheDixiePig

Reaction score
I only have two guitars, but the SG is my favorite by far. It inspires me to play. I've become a better player since I got it purely because I've spent more time with it in my hands. It was also the culmination of a 30+ year long dream of a teenage boy. It could easily have been a dog, and a disappointment, but was perfectly set up out of the box and plays like butter.

spreadhornsuncatcher2.jpg

I'm also a bass player, and have several of those. This is the current addition, and my first short scale. It too has received most of the play time since it arrived. Reverend Wattplower Mk 2 in Rootbeer sparkle. My lady is obsessed with it. She can't play, but loves this bass. Pic with the SG for size comparison.

WattSG2.jpg

papagayo

Reaction score
I only have two guitars, but the SG is my favorite by far. It inspires me to play. I've become a better player since I got it purely because I've spent more time with it in my hands. It was also the culmination of a 30+ year long dream of a teenage boy. It could easily have been a dog, and a disappointment, but was perfectly set up out of the box and plays like butter.

View attachment 48402

This SG is strange, awful !

If you sell it send me a PM .....

MR D

Reaction score

View attachment 48402

I'm also a bass player, and have several of those. This is the current addition, and my first short scale. It too has received most of the play time since it arrived. Reverend Wattplower Mk 2 in Rootbeer sparkle. My lady is obsessed with it. She can't play, but loves this bass. Pic with the SG for size comparison.

View attachment 48403
Yo Dixie, is that SG one from Chicago Music Exchange ???? the OXBLOOD SG's with 'Tortoise Shell' pickguard? Does it have the 'T-TYPE' Humbuckerss in it ? I am pretty sure the 'T-Types' have A5 Magnets and that SG must sound like a Frikkin CANNON, yes? The colour and pickguard are not your everyday SG colours and I really like em...CONGRATULATIONS on the fufillment of the life-long dream...I always really dig hearing when that happens.....u kno? DANG IT, those things are supposed to happen and when we persevere...THEY DO ! AWRIGHT !!!

tuna

Reaction score
In terms of looks and clean sounds, I am a sucker for Fender Jaguars. Especially in green. That color + the chrome makes for combination I can (and have) stare at for extended periods of time.

Attachments

• 0110160857-gtr-cntbdyright-001-nr.jpg
    0110160857-gtr-cntbdyright-001-nr.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 3

TheDixiePig

Reaction score
Yo Dixie, is that SG one from Chicago Music Exchange ???? the OXBLOOD SG's with 'Tortoise Shell' pickguard? Does it have the 'T-TYPE' Humbuckerss in it ? I am pretty sure the 'T-Types' have A5 Magnets and that SG must sound like a Frikkin CANNON, yes? The colour and pickguard are not your everyday SG colours and I really like em...CONGRATULATIONS on the fufillment of the life-long dream...I always really dig hearing when that happens.....u kno? DANG IT, those things are supposed to happen and when we persevere...THEY DO ! AWRIGHT !!!
It is indeed. Full up, with distortion, I would agree with cannon. Lately I've been playing it through a SuperFuzz, and man is that ever a great rock tone. I expected that, it's an SG right? It's the clean sounds that really surprised me. Some of the sweetest, almost acoustic sounding cleans from a double humbucker guitfiddle I've ever heard.

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
I must admit that when it comes to threads like this, I like to stick to the rules.

Favorite= ONE Guitar So, I guess I should pick one of about 4 I would pick as Numero Uno. If this one was my one and only guitar, it would likely be my 2005 SG Faded Walnut Special.

However, since I am and always will be partial to my very first guitar, my 1978/79 Ebony LP STD, my FAVORITE guitar now is my Tobacco Burst LP KM STD. km body4.jpg

skelt101

Reaction score
It is indeed. Full up, with distortion, I would agree with cannon. Lately I've been playing it through a SuperFuzz, and man is that ever a great rock tone. I expected that, it's an SG right? It's the clean sounds that really surprised me. Some of the sweetest, almost acoustic sounding cleans from a double humbucker guitfiddle I've ever heard.
Do you know what the specs are on those T-Type pickups, @TheDixiePig ? I’ve always been curious if Gibson just put Alnico 5 magnets in the 490s and came up with a catchy name… Beautiful guitar btw!:cheers: