What model and color is this: 2006 Gibson SG Standard?

Lemonhart

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking at buying a used Gibson SG. The seller is saying it is a 2006 standard. It is a light color, perhaps walnut (??). Serial number indicates it was made in June, 2006 in Nashville. If anyone can shed light on what color / model this is, it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• EC1D6098-5410-4E5F-8A92-BF9BD29A6BE3.jpeg
    EC1D6098-5410-4E5F-8A92-BF9BD29A6BE3.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 33
  • ECA4A4B8-6FD7-40D0-B7F1-83DEEFF2A03D.jpeg
    ECA4A4B8-6FD7-40D0-B7F1-83DEEFF2A03D.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 27
  • 871DE4E7-55DC-4190-8E0E-9A5405B60876.jpeg
    871DE4E7-55DC-4190-8E0E-9A5405B60876.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 25

Lemonhart

Reaction score
Is this considered a good year / model? Any info is appreciated! Thanks.

pancake81

Reaction score
The natural burst wasn’t popular, didn’t fly off the shelf like the standard SG colors, black, cherry... but I think there is good demand for it now that it is discontinued. It’s certainly beautiful, and are excellent t guitars.

I had a friend walk in and buy one an hour before we were meeting up with ACDC to have Angus sign it. He had Angus use a black sharpie on it, which he did a nice signature, but it took away from the guitar for sure.

funniest part was watching the guy at Tom Lee music help us.

Friend: knows nothing about guitars and doesn’t play. But plays one hell of an air guitar at a show. Walks in, touches a few cherry’s and a black.

Employee: spouting off facts about pick ups, necks widths etc.

Friend: not really listening or answering questions from said employee

Employee: have I told you about our payment plans?

Friend: No. “Hey, can I see that one up there”?

Employee: “sure” (eye roll). Grabs the ladder and figure we are wasting his time.

Friend: takes hold of it, looks at the front... looks at the back... hums, ha’s...

Employee: “Do you want to plug it in”?

Friend: No, I don’t think so

Employee: doesn’t know what else to say.

Friend: “ok, I will take it”

Employee: are you sure you don’t want to plug it in?

Friend: Nah, I am good

Employee: Wow, ok! Let me get the case, I will meet you up front.

Friend: Oh wow, it comes with a case!? Neat.

We must have been in and out in 6 minutes. Friend thought it was a great experience. Why do you guys always spend so much time at the music store? Just pick one and let’s go. Lol. He couldn’t understand why the clerk was so weird. I explained that is not there normal experience with folks coming in and thumbing through $2,000 guitars.

personally I think the natural burst is classy as [email protected]

Last edited:

Lemonhart

Reaction score
Best post / story ever!!

The natural burst wasn’t popular, didn’t fly off the shelf like the standard SG colors, black, cherry... but I think there is good demand for it now that it is discontinued. It’s certainly beautiful, and are excellent t guitars.

I had a friend walk in and buy one an hour before we were meeting up with ACDC to have Angus sign it. He had Angus use a black sharpie on it, which he did a nice signature, but it took away from the guitar for sure.

Friend: knows nothing about guitars and doesn’t play. But plays one hell of an air guitar at a show. Walks in, touches a few cherry’s and a black.

Employee: “sure” (eye roll). Grabs the ladder and figure we are wasting his time.

Friend: takes hold of it, looks at the front... looks at the back... hums, ha’s...

We must have been in and out in 6 minutes. Friend thought it was a great experience. Why do you guys always spend so much time at the music store? Just pick one and let’s go. Lol. He couldn’t understand why the clerk was so weird. I explained that is not there normal experience with folks coming in and thumbing through $2,000 guitars.

ruster1

Reaction score

Classic Story.. I heard an Angus signature on the body will prevent neck dive.. lol.. plus Angus would approve of the "brown" color..

JackStraw

Reaction score
Th
Hi,

Looking at buying a used Gibson SG. The seller is saying it is a 2006 standard. It is a light color, perhaps walnut (??). Serial number indicates it was made in June, 2006 in Nashville. If anyone can shed light on what color / model this is, it would be greatly appreciated.
That's an awesome SG, snap it up!!

Lemonhart

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately, I missed it! Another buyer got it the day before I was going to look at it! Damn!

Latest posts