What pickups are in Your SG? looking for opinions.

NMA

Reaction score
Everyone knows you have Ricks so that was of course a dig specifically aimed at you my friend. Just takin' the piss of course.

Yes, but Rics are so special and great they become family members. What you have done is insulted three family members. Marcia, Jan, and Cindy do not deserve to be insulted.

1646179774141.png

ChrisM84

Reaction score
So….I’ve got the Seymour Duncan “High Voltage” set in my 61 Standard. 45FEC063-A8E8-4EED-BB01-13E48C335918.jpeg
Worth every penny. Not as dark as a 57 classic, lots of clarity and punch without piercing highs.

Von Trapp

Reaction score
Yes, but Rics are so special and great they become family members. What you have done is insulted three family members. Marcia, Jan, and Cindy do not deserve to be insulted.

View attachment 47401
I'm sure that if they are all you say they are, they can withstand some mild ribbing...

NMA

Reaction score
I'm sure that if your Rickenbackers are all you say they are, they can withstand some mild ribbing...

Cindy Crawford admitted that she has always been terribly insecure about her looks.

Yes, my Rics are thee best guitars on planet Earth; but if the woman below can feel insecure, so can my Rics. Leave them alone!

1646241475191.png

Von Trapp

Reaction score
The best looking women are always the most insecure ones so I'm not surprised. You can tell them that it was hardly looks I was talking about and perhaps that will make them feel batter. So, is Jan just gay or is it a chics name in this case?

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
I know a few of you in here who posted, and know your likes and dislikes gear wise. Col Mustard, DrB etc.

I won't go into any banter of good, bad or stfu type fringe of the topic. But will simply answer the question.

1987 SG Special 3 Knob--- Bill Lawrence Circuit Board pups
2005 SG Special Faded Walnut, 490/498
2008 SG Classic-- P90's
1976 SG Std Tarbacks.

Attachments

• 76 SG Tarbacks back in.jpg
    76 SG Tarbacks back in.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 76 SG family.jpg
    76 SG family.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score

HAHA not mine, but I did steal this pic for drooling purposes years ago while here regularly before the big Resources purge. Man to have that batch of SG pickup options.

Last edited:

NMA

Reaction score
You can tell your Rics that it was hardly looks I was talking about and perhaps that will make them feel batter.

So, is Jan just gay or is it a chics name in this case?

1. Looks, tone, playability, iconic status....there is absolutely nothing (besides price) that you can knock about Rickenbackers.

2. You honestly don't know Marcia, Jan, and Cindy? Uh, they are world-wide known as the greatest singing trio in music history. Here they are singing with Crosby Stills and Nash. The girls are singing lead and CSN was brought in to supply background vocals to the girls heavenly vocals.

1646264213796.png

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
That's a great one. I never heard that Yogi-ism before.
Here's another one.

When asked if he could explain jazz, Yogi Berra said this:
"I can't, but I will. 90% of all jazz is half improvisation. The other half is the part people play while others are playing something they never played with anyone who played that part. So if you play the wrong part, its right. If you play the right part, it might be right if you play it wrong enough. But if you play it too right, it's wrong."

Reactions: NMA

papagayo

Reaction score
Cindy Crawford admitted that she has always been terribly insecure about her looks.

Yes, my Rics are thee best guitars on planet Earth; but if the woman below can feel insecure, so can my Rics. Leave them alone!

View attachment 47410

NMA is in love ....

Temp 47909.JPG

Von Trapp

Reaction score
1. Looks, tone, playability, iconic status....there is absolutely nothing (besides price) that you can knock about Rickenbackers.

2. You honestly don't know Marcia, Jan, and Cindy? Uh, they are world-wide known as the greatest singing trio in music history. Here they are singing with Crosby Stills and Nash. The girls are singing lead and CSN was brought in to supply background vocals to the girls heavenly vocals.

View attachment 47413
1. I cannot argue with your subjective assessments so good for you.
2. No, I haven't. Neither Crosby, Stills or Nash are my cup of tea. Young is though.

MR D

Reaction score

View attachment 47401
Having never played a Ric, IDK much about them other than they're chimey and go well w/Vox amplifiers...BUT insults on forums are usually par-for-the-course...this site being kinda tame compared to lots of others where snot-storms and **** throwing is the standard.

NMA

Reaction score
Having never played a Ric, IDK much about them other than they go well w/Vox amplifiers...

Believe it or not, they go best with Fender amps. Hidden little secret that Ric owners know.

Beatles were contracted to use only VOX amps in early days (when they used Rics). Everybody thus associates Rics with VOX amps, but what really brings out the best in Rics is a Fender amp. Crystal clear, sparkling jangle.

sekoya

Reaction score
I just scored a white ‘98 SG Special that already had the JB / 59 set installed with updated caps and pots and it blows doors off the new 2021 SG Standard with 490R / 490T that I recently acquired. The Standard is now going out to pasture for other reasons in addition to the pups.
A clip would be awesome !