What special edition would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by Chatnoir, Jan 15, 2017.

1. lcw

lcw Active Member

And Gibson needs to bring back the large pickguard for the SG Standard. I'm most surely in the minority, but I much prefer the large batwing pickguard. So maybe a '66-'69 Re-issue (with both Vibrola and stopbar versions).

Gibson66SG_Std800911_8.jpg

lockbody likes this.
  2. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Covers too much of the wood for my tastes. You could hide a multitude of sins on a guitar such as the one you've pictured

3. Gibsg

Gibsg Well-Known Member

Like this ...

[​IMG]

grausch and Satellitedog like this.
  4. Satellitedog

Satellitedog Active Member

I'm a staunch small guard fan, but this exemplar looks really nice, yet I don't like them routing the front of the body between the pickups. Not on a premium instrument like the standard.

As for my own dream limited run SG? I'd like them to reissue the 2011 '60s Tribute SG Special with the current tribute SG's body carves in TV or solid yellow and keep it in the catalogue for a couple of years. And while they're at it, make the bevels match early '60s SGs. :-)

As for purple SGs, I really liked Omar Rodriguez Lopez' purple converted lefty SG II

I usually abhorr '70s SGs for the lack of bevels, but somehow this one works, maybe because it's pimp and utilitarian at the same time.

5. Chatnoir

Chatnoir Member

Love that....with the large batwing pickguard!