What type of Seymour Duncans do I have?

Discussion in 'Pickups' started by Uhlan33, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Uhlan33

Uhlan33 New Member

I just bought a used LTD Viper 50. Whoever had it before me put Seymour Duncans on it. However, I have no idea what type(s) SDs they are. The guys at the GC where I got it don't know either.

If I take them off, will they say what they are on the back? How can I figure out what I have?

2. EveryMn

EveryMn Active Member

I'd go ask at the official Seymour Duncan forum.

3. doveman

doveman Member

[quote author=Uhlan33 link=topic=14710.msg190205#msg190205 date=1187648927]If I take them off, will they say what they are on the back? How can I figure out what I have?
    [/quote]

There should be a sticker on the back of each pickup ... if you look up the number at this link (left column) you should be able to tell what it is (n) or (b) on the end of the number means (neck) or (bridge).

http://www.seymourduncan.com/compareTones/matrix.asp

;)

4. Uhlan33

Uhlan33 New Member

Thanks Doveman.

The guitar is on hold at GC until Sept. 3. As soon as I get it, I'll pull the pickups and check them out.

5. Uhlan33

Uhlan33 New Member

I picked up the guitar yesterday and pulled the pickups during set up. It turned out to be just as you said, Doveman. Both pickups had little stickers on the back. The bridge is a SH-11 custom custom and the neck is a SH-2 Jazz.

I like the jazz but the custom custom is a little thin and doesn't have much bottom end. However, it amazes me what you can get guitar wise for a few hundred bucks these days. The guitar is rock solid and plays great. I've never had a LTD before and now I see what all the fuss is about. It's a nice axe.

Thanks for your help.