What's the most BADASS SG of all?

shamu1

Reaction score
All SGs are cool, regardless of model. But what particular SG, in your mind, is the coolest, most badass of all SGs? Post your pics here.

In my opinion, the most badass SG of all time has to be the 50s Tribute in Ebony:

16588_SG_Tribute_50s_Ebony_Vintage_Gloss_129621595_a.jpg

maxresdefault2.jpg

I don't play heavy metal or even rock, but man, this is probably the most evil, menacing looking guitar I've ever seen. I think I'd be afraid to own one. It just dares you to crank out a power chord on it. If I didn't know any better, THIS is the kind of guitar I would associate Tony Iommi with.

I recently sold some of my guitars to buy one of these in vintage burst (it's on its way). I didn't feel I was man enough for the ebony version.

The sound is even cooler than its looks. I was flattened by the crackling, snarling growl coming out of this beast. Check this out: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4LTqb5x5EA[/ame]

That has to be the meanest, most gnarly noise I've ever heard come out of any musical instrument, never mind an SG. This is awesome.

shamu1

Reaction score
Pretty mean, similar to the 50s trib in the first post. This is a pretty evil guitar:

gn8MIjw.jpg

I also think the gothic is a mean machine.

Damn, that one is even cooler, with the dot inlays. I think dot inlays suit an SG better than trapezoids, which I think look better on Les Pauls.

Markm

Reaction score
Either one of these of course!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 15

Alex_SG

Reaction score
All SGs are cool, regardless of model. But what particular SG, in your mind, is the coolest, most badass of all SGs? Post your pics here.

In my opinion, the most badass SG of all time has to be the 50s Tribute in Ebony:

16588_SG_Tribute_50s_Ebony_Vintage_Gloss_129621595_a.jpg

maxresdefault2.jpg

I don't play heavy metal or even rock, but man, this is probably the most evil, menacing looking guitar I've ever seen. I think I'd be afraid to own one. It just dares you to crank out a power chord on it. If I didn't know any better, THIS is the kind of guitar I would associate Tony Iommi with.

I recently sold some of my guitars to buy one of these in vintage burst (it's on its way). I didn't feel I was man enough for the ebony version.

The sound is even cooler than its looks. I was flattened by the crackling, snarling growl coming out of this beast. Check this out: Gibson SG Tribute '50s Electric Guitar Demo - Sweetwater Sound - YouTube

That has to be the meanest, most gnarly noise I've ever heard come out of any musical instrument, never mind an SG. This is awesome.

It's a nice guitar but I still can't see how they could call it a '50s tribute...:dunno:

Biddlin

Reaction score
"It's a nice guitar but I still can't see how they could call it a '50s tribute...:dunno:"
They own the stamping press, mate.:laugh2:

Reaction score
My local store has the 50's tribute SG w/p90's for like $459. It tempts me every time I go in there, but I just got an SG Standard.

thatbastarddon

Reaction score
There are so many badass SGs that are all over this forum, but the first that come to mind as "badass SGs" are:
Smitty_p's Kraken

( i cant get a pic of it to upload, but lots of pic's of it around here)

SGFront_1.jpg.html

And Shreddy's Helena

attachment.php

:dude:

There are so many others too! Some very cool SGs grace this forum on a regular basis.:thumb:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 415

Col Mustard

Reaction score
Mind, no question

It's a nice guitar but I still can't see how they could call it a '50s tribute...:dunno:

I believe that Gibson stamps 'prototype' on the back of the headstock
in an attempt to answer this, which many of us have posted.

and +1 on the sentiment that the most bad-ass SG is MINE... I wouldn't argue
with any of us who said that, seeing as how there are so many absolute bad-ass SGs on these boards.

and this is a great thread, it fans the G.A.S.

Latest posts