What's your favorite reverb pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects' started by DFLCC, Aug 18, 2017.

1. DFLCC

DFLCC Well-Known Member

What's your favorite reverb pedal? Or it is Reverb not for you.

It has been my experience that I prefer reverb on my amps but currently own two that do not have a reverb. I tent to shy away from them even that there is nothing wrong. I recently experimented a lot with them and found that adding reverb from my Line 6 HDX500 to the effect loop added warm and body to my tone. This brought life to this amps. A little reverb went a long way and I mean very little. Now I feel I should get a reverb stomp box to complement both amps. The Line 6 is full of patches that are taylor for my EVH amp and specific to each song I am playing. A stomp box will be ideal. There is many options I like. I have been looking at TC Electronics Hall of Fame but I have been leaning toward Boss FVR-1 for its simplicity.

What you prefer or recommend?

syscokid likes this.
  2. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

For me? Definitely the Electro-Harmonix Cathedral. It does so much, from delays to droning chords, It's a great pedal. The Grail Flerb is probably my favorite setting in general, but for swells I use the Grail Spring. I use the Reverse setting for a reverse delay, and of course I use the Accu Spring for all my surf and blues needs.
    [​IMG]
    Oh, and I got mine on Craigslist for $130 :naughty:

syscokid likes this.
  3. syscokid

syscokid Well-Known Member

Lots of cool Reverb pedals out there. From simple with a small footprint, to pretty fancy ones that occupy more real estate. I added an effects loop to 2 of my amps that didn't originally have one, just so I can integrate time-based effects into the amps signal a little more "naturally". I've only ever tried 2 reverb pedals, and still have both cuz I'm pretty happy with them. A BOSS RV-6 and a HardWire (Digitech) RV-7. The Hardwire has morphed into the Digitech Polara if you're looking for a current version.

2017-08-18 08.15.42.jpg

4. dexspeed

dexspeed Active Member

I usually just end up using whichever reverb is built into my amps as long as it is accessible via footswitch.

For my amps that don't have built in reverb, I use the TC electronic Hall of Fame mini. I quite like this pedal as there is not much of a footprint on my pedal board and through their tone print software you can quite literally customize the reverb to whatever specifications are pleasing to your ear. I usually don't feel to inclined to do that, so luckily there are great artist designed ones to choose from in their app. The stock setting is quite good as well.
    HOFMini-large.jpg

syscokid likes this.
  5. Dave_Death

Dave_Death Well-Known Member

I use the EarthQuaker Devices Ghost Echo. It's simple, easy to use, reasonably priced and works well in the effects loops of high gain amps like my Peavey 6534+

syscokid likes this.
  6. DFLCC

DFLCC Well-Known Member

Injecting live in to stale tone.
    image.jpg
    Boss FVR-1 made my Randall RD20 clean channel sound like my Blues Jr.

syscokid likes this.
  7. syscokid

syscokid Well-Known Member

Congrats... :cheers:. Those are very nice and very unique. Especially since BOSS discontinued them.

8. Bonzo21

Bonzo21 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I use one of these because its what they had at a good price at the pawnshop. Bought it with a memory toy delay too. The hall and spring are great, but the flerb is useless. Spring for vintage, and hall for studio or modern sounds... no complaints... get it if you can find it cheap...