Where to buy a Full Batwing that actually fits?

theDogger

Reaction score
So looking to replace a full batwing pick guard to just clean up. I have tried several from Amazon all resulting in a return

Last edited:

theDogger

Reaction score
Looks great! Where did you get the blank from? Would stick with the Black White? Is that 3 or 5 ply?

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
That's a tough one because Epiphones have been made in countless different factories over the years, so there's bound to be some variation. Your only sure bet is sending the original guard to have it traced and reproduced.

Carrion

Reaction score
Looks great! Where did you get the blank from? Would stick with the Black White? Is that 3 or 5 ply?

amazon has many variants , full blanks for $12 - $15 :) drill and a few good files and its complete !!

Carrion

Reaction score

the mint is 3 ply, this 2020 epi Standard had a Black 5 ply factory blk.jpg :)

theDogger

Reaction score
amazon has many variants , full blanks for $12 - $15 :) drill and a few good files and its complete !!
Yep just ordered a blank and since I build custom cabs I will just make a pattern template and use a flush trim bit and a 45 Degree Chamfer Router Bit for the edges. Should be pretty easy.

Ill post pics when finished!

Von Trapp

Reaction score
Forget it. Just order a custom one or you'll be doing more searching, buying and failing than playing guitar...

Latest posts