WHITE Binding Madness

Carrion

Reaction score
Show some love for the wonderful White binding match of the 2017/18 units !!

My 2018 Gibson Standard '61 Somethang !! ' haha in Ebony.
She has the greatest White (binding) on White trim ( and nut !!)

I think this is a striking combo for an already awesome guitar :)

I know that other models use the White as well. not sure of years :)

Give a cheer fer White !!

alice_1.jpg alice_2.jpg alice_3.jpg alice_4.jpg alice_5.jpg

DrBGood

Reaction score
I am not that fussy about white binding variations, to me a white binding is white, pale or dark.

If you ask me to paint something white, then it's a different matter. Like in this painting I made. Ask anybody and they'll refer to it as white horses on a white background, but I don't think there's any pure white in there.

702 Deux chevaux blancs dans la tourmente.jpg

Beautiful SG nontheless
:h5:

Carrion

Reaction score
I am not that fussy about white binding variations, to me a white binding is white, pale or dark.

If you ask me to paint something white, then it's a different matter. Like in this painting I made. Ask anybody and they'll refer to it as white horses on a white background, but I don't think there's any pure white in there.

View attachment 45486

Beautiful SG nontheless
that is one awesome image !!! ty :) and fer the post !!

Carrion

Reaction score

View attachment 45486

Beautiful SG nontheless
its an amazing painting !! is it in oils? or acrylic? ty fer sharing it

cerebral gasket

Reaction score
2004 and 2006 SG Classic

full

2004 SG Classic

full

2006 SG Classic

full

Just picked this one up today. It's not as bright in person, but for the first time in years other than 2017-18, they used a binding plastic that did not have the pink tint.

2021 Iommi SG Special

full

Last edited:

Carrion

Reaction score
2004 and 2006 SG Classic

full

2004 SG Classic

full

2006 SG Classic

full

Just picked this one up today. It's not a bright white in person, but for the first time in years they used a cream binding that was not pink.

2021 Iommi SG Special

full

The pink binding pictured below is what they have been using for a long time. I've had to do a hard pass on many guitars in the past that were otherwise perfect in every other detail.

full

They both POP !! hard to decide which color works best !! I Love the Ebony , but am surprised how great it looks on the Vintage Cherry as well .

Beautiful SG's TY for sharing :)

Carrion

Reaction score
They both POP !! hard to decide which color works best !! I Love the Ebony , but am surprised how great it looks on the Vintage Cherry as well .

Beautiful SG's TY for sharing :)
2004 and 2006 SG Classic

full

2004 SG Classic

full

2006 SG Classic

full

Just picked this one up today. It's not a bright white in person, but for the first time in years they used a cream binding that was not pink.

2021 Iommi SG Special

full

The pink binding pictured below is what they have been using for a long time. I've had to do a hard pass on many guitars in the past that were otherwise perfect in every other detail.

full

Congrates on the new Iommi SG Special !! i def. am taking a few for test drive up here in Canada , and hopefully will be joining you !!

SGBreadfan

Reaction score
I can’t imagine being fussy at all about slight differences in binding color, that factor wouldn’t even be on my radar with a guitar purchase.

cerebral gasket

Reaction score
Variations in binding color does not bother me, but I find that pink binding they have been using for years to be very distracting.

Last edited:

Carrion

Reaction score
I can’t imagine being fussy at all about slight differences in binding color, that factor wouldn’t even be on my radar with a guitar purchase.

haha i don't sound fussy :) White is not even a color ... :) but Pink is :)

Steve D

Reaction score
I have this binding now, if I can put up with this I can put up with anything!
[GALLERY=media, 2657]04 SG Custom Throwback - Pink Neck by Steve D posted Apr 8, 2019 at 8:45 PM[/GALLERY]

papagayo

Reaction score
[GALLERY=media, 2657]04 SG Custom Throwback - Pink Neck by Steve D posted Apr 8, 2019 at 8:45 PM[/GALLERY]

How is this possible ? :shock:

Worblehat

Reaction score
My "Exclusive Run 2019 SG Standard" in Pelham Blue has white binding. Spec-wise it is exactly the same as the 2018 Standard. I guess Gibson just used up the parts left over from the previous year to make this run. It would not bother me if the binding was more cream but I think the white looks especially awesome in combination with pelham blue.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Carrion

Reaction score
haha :) well it does look kinda nice though !!

Carrion

Reaction score
My "Exclusive Run 2019 SG Standard" in Pelham Blue has white binding. Spec-wise it is exactly the same as the 2018 Standard. I guess Gibson just used up the parts left over from the previous year to make this run. It would not bother me if the binding was more cream but I think the white looks especially awesome in combination with pelham blue.

View attachment 45500
View attachment 45501

thats what im talking about !! that is perfect ! with the nut white and Pelham neck , just awesome