Who needs a bass?

WavMixer

Reaction score
I started playing bass before the guitar and have been seeing y'all post pics of your basses while I've been gassing for a Hoffner Beatle's bass so i could lay down a bass track with some stuff I'm recording. Well hell, who needs a bass you you can just get one of these? I just ordered mine and it should be here by the end of next week. Skip to 2:49 to hear just the bass only.

bea

Reaction score
Mhmm, i own something simila - a Boss OC2. And i still need my basses.

eS.G.

Reaction score
I meant the OTHER box.

Oh HEY---- Agile makes a Hofner copy---- just FYI.

And them New Ibanezs like metal got are AWESOME ........so are the Tobias basses

83 Blazer

Reaction score
I started playing bass before the guitar and have been seeing y'all post pics of your basses while I've been gassing for a Hoffner Beatle's bass so i could lay down a bass track with some stuff I'm recording. Well hell, who needs a bass you you can just get one of these? I just ordered mine and it should be here by the end of next week. Skip to 2:49 to hear just the bass only.

Get the bass and plug it into the pedal and watch the walls fall down around you as the earth's crust gives way beneath you!!!
Then you'll know it's worth it.
I bought a POG for my bass playing boy and the sounds it makes are amazing!
Enjoy the pedal!

eS.G.

Reaction score
nope ..................................buwahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yes my man and cranking out WINNERS all the time!
gold1.jpg

agility1.jpg

agility2.jpg
agility4.jpg

Solid hunk o Mahogany----ebony fretboard....righteous P90's ........Tusq nut and saddles........quality electrics------yeah they pull off a good one now and again!

Dave_Death

Reaction score
I liked the high filter bit a lot more than the bass impression.

I wouldn't bother with EHX again though as I can't stand their oddball power supply issues

Heket

Reaction score
I need a bass, several in fact!

It's a cool gadget for guitarists who are not interested in buying and learning the bass and just want to lay down some simple lines to fill out their songs, but you've got to be ok with that synthy tone and kinda "thin" effect. It would leave some genres lacking. It would have been nice to hear the demo played with fingers though, as that would make quite a difference.

Biddlin

Reaction score
that synthy tone and kinda "thin" effect.
As a jazz bassist, isn't that tone my aim?
crazyguy.gif

Hi ya kiddo!

Dave_Death

Reaction score
It gives a serviceable impression of a bass in some contexts. It does provide a certain tone that would work well for some things.

Personally my own band is considering using two bass rigs on stage (stereo either side of the stage) and/or two separate basses, with our vocalist playing a second bass part on some songs!! Our main worry is the poor facilities for amplifying the drum kit in some local venues, as we wouldn't be able to use two old Peavey Mark series bass stacks in stereo and still be able to hear the drummer unless the kit was mic'ed up properly through the PA.

eS.G.

Reaction score
"Who needs a Bass?" is the title........to answer the question ---EVERYONE needs at least 1 ;)

AND I might ad ---learning the bass.....and how to groove with the rhythm .....makes you a better guitar player IMHO. also try messing with the drums----and piano----and maybe a wind or brass instrument as well......when you pick that SG up again.......it will make a difference ----really----it will.

donepearce

Reaction score
London, new hearing aid project - exciting
"Who needs a Bass?" is the title........to answer the question ---EVERYONE needs at least 1 ;)

AND I might ad ---learning the bass.....and how to groove with the rhythm .....makes you a better guitar player IMHO. also try messing with the drums----and piano----and maybe a wind or brass instrument as well......when you pick that SG up again.......it will make a difference ----really----it will.

I agree everyone needs a bass. Once a week or so I wil practice for an evening just on the bass. I find afterwards that playing the ordinary guitar is a little like walking on clouds - super easy.

Biddlin

Reaction score
What I don't understand is how I managed for so long without one until the T-bird found me, but suddenly I have GAS for a fretless J-bass?
150160962395-4.jpg
180157084886-1.jpg
750-JBassFL3SB2_front.jpg
DSC09610.JPG

eS.G.

Reaction score
Biddlin.....I have a T-bird......and a fretted J bass.......and --- I think if you try one you will REALLY like the slender shape of the Jbass neck ;) sometimes the Bird feels like a torture after hoping on the Jazz Bass for a day or two