Why is this forum...different?

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Psychobilly444, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Psychobilly444

Psychobilly444 Well-Known Member

I meant a not-so-nice comment was made my a member HERE is what started it THERE? Personally, I could care less what's being said. People are gonna talk. As long as they're not talking TO me.

2. frankd

frankd Well-Known Member

Whoa Lesser Intelligence Ha Ha man Im a damn Genius seeing how I can get better tone out of My $250 Royale and $125
    Blackheart LIL Giant Than 95% Of those guys with 10 G LP and 5 G Marshal or friedman or mesa LOL and for $14625 Less
    That's a lot Of cents so I have way more cents and pesos!
    frankd

3. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

CATMANDUE likes this.
  4. CATMANDUE

CATMANDUE Well-Known Member

Tone is in the skill and fingers but, great gear does not hurt. Gear is far way too overpriced these days. I like clean non-buzzy gear myself. I rather pay less than more.

5. frankd

frankd Well-Known Member

I agree But after 20 years away I spent the past 3-4 years going thru a good amount of guitars and amps
    Strats Lps sgs you name it. the only thing I come close to regretting selling was the hand built Carls custom plexi Rudehog
    bought. Right now I have a dean Soltero a DBZ first gen Royale a 2014 dbz diamond imperial a MM Fender Baja tele. Ibanez AS 73
    a Carls custom light plexi two blackhearts Handsome devil and lil giant. Orange OR 15 a epiphone VJ hot rod. 4 joyo
    pedals one rat. want a Marshal sound without the price tag try a Carls custom amp want a decent guitar for a good price dbz
    especialy the first second gen. I rarely agree with this guy but I like his point on this one.

6. frankd

frankd Well-Known Member

ESG Haters can Hate but not long around me its one down three down you get where im going with
    this .

eS.G. likes this.
  7. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

Nobody liked my Halloween Costume :(

8. iblive

iblive Well-Known Member

I'm Batman.

smitty_p and eS.G. like this.
  9. Rain

Rain Well-Known Member

This place is definitely special... There is one other forum I belong to for almost 11 years that I visit daily. It's been a part of my routine for years - first thing I do after e-mails and Facebook.

Recently however, I realized that I started to stop here first.

Great community and I like to know that there's a place where people are as nuts as I am and will post photos of their guitars just because they changed the truss rod cover or the knobs on their guitar.

I also dig that people don't bad mouth Epiphones (all the contrary) or other inexpensive guitars, no matter the mark or model, and that we can talk about practically everything related to music.

iblive and Gahr like this.
  10. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

I have only found 3 types of guitars....... Great guitars... crappy guitars... and those in the middle.

Those in the middle can sometimes be modded to make them great guitars and likewise with those on the lower end moving them up at least one level... sometimes 2. Set up is also another improvement attempt. Price is never a true indicator of instrument greatness. (Just because you paid a lot of money for it doesn't make it great... is a 59 gold top really worth mega-thousands or Blackie worth a million?) And after you have done all this, does it insure that someone else will agree with it being a great guitar? Hmmmmmmm. Interesting. So maybe the most important thing is to be happy with it yourself and make the determination for yourself...! All of my guitars are great guitars (except for one) in my opinion and I think that is because I played them before I got them. They spoke to me and have soul. (The 2 requirement I have) Buying a guitar that you may not be totally happy with... with the intention of a mod project... may hinge on the anticipated sound you are looking for. I find it interesting...... :cool:

11. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

Yeppers, the other forums seem to prefer a problem for every solution, but whatever floats ya boat, I guess ..

Six String likes this.