WTB Elliot Easton SG Artist Model

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by Guitar Whiskey, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Guitar Whiskey

Guitar Whiskey Member

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  2. Crazy_8

Crazy_8 Well-Known Member

Those were mighty fine guitars, I don't blame you. Good hunting!

3. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

The SG is an amazing Sig model I like his "Tiki Bird" as well.

4. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

... Elliot's a member on here last I saw. Hasn't been around in a while though. Maybe have to give him a bump....... :smile:

peejaybee likes this.
  5. Relic61

Relic61 Well-Known Member

There is one the the 'bay' right now at $1699 with free shipping. The 2013 Gibson Tikibird. Not the SG the OP is looking for but what the heck, it will keep the thread a bit more active.

Elliot Easton Gibson Tikibird Firebird ebay $1600.00.jpg

Looks nice n sweet.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  6. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

NO CRAP?!?!?!?!
    Thats tre cool!

7. jtcnj

jtcnj Well-Known Member

Good Luck in your quest, Sir.

8. Relic61

C'Mon now jtcnj, I seen your original post in mt email! I'm not sure why you edited it, other than maybe it wasn't exclusively about the Easton SG but so what. It was still a post that gave me some Gas. I believe it went like,....

"Gassssing for a Firebird a la Allen Collins.
    Maybe down the road. Way, way down the road."

So this give you gas bro??
    [​IMG]

Yes jtcnj (& by the way, wtf does that stand for anyway & how are I supposed to visualize you as a person & personality when all I got is a bunch on seemingly nonsensical letters that mean NOTHING to me??? c'mon bro, hit me up with some knowledge here,.. wtf does jtcnj stand for) (sorry bud)
    Allen Collins was a player I idolized & looked up to as a young guitar player. Strangely enough, I not only loved his guitar I also loved the white PUMA's with the black stripe he wore in a couple pictures
    so much that I had to get a pair for myself & made them part of my stage outfit when our band would gig! To funny. I remember that look back then as having Allans sneakers & Ronnie VanZants straight brimmed hat, a pair of Levi's with a tucked in T shirt & unbuttoned & untucked denim shirt over top with an Airline 'George Jetson' fiberglass 3 pup guitar as my Explorer substitute! LOL. Too funny.

[​IMG]
    (my Allen Collins Puma copy were sorta like this with a different toe leather cover piece, but the look is very representative fer sure)

It was apparent to me that Allen's sneakers held magical properties. I believe these were the Flying Adidas sneaks that preceded the Puma's.

[​IMG]

My last question would be, what about Allen's 'other' axe, the Explorer?

[​IMG]
    Any gas for that??

By the way, these Elliot Easton SG's are exceptionally hard to come by and although this thread wanders from it's original purpose & may at time seem hi-jacked, rest assured knowing that every time I get a reply notification in my email, I always do a cursory check of ebay or GC inventory to see if any Elliot Easton SG's are actually available.

Sadly enough for the OP today, none are to be easily found. But we'll keep this thread alive & maybe someday ... we'll kick something loose around here & see the OP get this elusive guitar he wants so badly. Maybe..?

Until then,.. wazzuup? Any connected thoughts brought on by the stimuli here??

9. Guitar Whiskey

Guitar Whiskey Member

Guys,
    Came across one of these (Pelham) but passed as it really didn't meet my expectations. Did a full setup with intonation, string and pickup height. Neck felt a bit flat in back and fretboard binding edges too sharp. Just not as comfortable and rocking as I hoped for.

eS.G. likes this.
  10. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

You'll know when the right one comes along........! :cool:

eS.G. likes this.
  11. Relic61

So I guess you're done with this idea of an EE SG then? I mean, you may find some variation in the neck shape once in a while but as a general rule the model has it parameters for the neck specified as a one piece mahogany with '63 Profile ES-335 Neck with a long tenon. So unless that one was a one off freak show, I don't see you ever really 'liking' the neck on this model at all. Story over right there I'd aay? Nah, not yet for me! LOL

The other thing that left me puzzled that it was an issue was the fretboard binding edges are too sharp?? That is plastic that can easily be tailored the way you like it to feel so why would that stop the purchase of the guitar you are gas'n for?

I don't know bud. It seems you did what I do all the time & feel in love with the idea & vision of this guitar that you just had to have! In this case it is totally understandable because it is the simply perfect Eliot Easton SG. And the more you read, looked at the pictures & thought about it being yours, the hunt was on.

Yet when reality hits, the wake-up can be one disappointing mutha f^#@R.

Maybe you can get used to that neck. A little variety in life sort of thing ya know?? The fretboard edges are a fixable non-issue so why let the neck stop you here?? Unless of course, you really have to have the White one in gold hardware!?! In that case, fucket this guitar man. Try the White brotha.

12. Guitar Whiskey

Guitar Whiskey Member

I'm done with this model. I auditioned 2 before when they were first released and the necks were odd to me then. This is the 3rd one I've played after 10 years and have concluded I love the looks of this model but not the playability.

13. Relic61

Understandable. Too bad though eh? I personally think the white version is a killer looking guitar!

[​IMG]

It is very hard to find this particular exact spec guitar in another model. It is stunning.