WTB: where to buy used gibson SG for 1K or below in Australia (not on ebay)

miniangus

Reaction score
hi all
i am new to the forum and have recentley become interested in guitars thanx to my friend. to my happiness i have found the SG to be the best guitar in the world.
i am trying to find and gibsonsg for a decent price of 1k or under

any help would be greatly appreciated, miniangus

ps. angus young signature rules best guitar in the world if it were available in ebony finish

Six String

Staff Member
Reaction score
Welcome to ETSG miniangus! :) :) :)

I'm sure you have been doing it.... but local ads, national ads, word of mouth both in and out. It takes a lot of effort and still is being in the right place at the right time. Put the word out and hold to your price range.

Zeppelin Rules

Reaction score
Welcome to ETSG!

Unfortunately there aren't many Australian members here, so most of us likely wouldn't know any specific sources. We're mostly American with the odd Canadian (such as myself), or UKers.

A good place to find stuff is your local craigslist. I'm not sure where in Aus you're from, but this is a good place to start.
http://sydney.craigslist.com.au/

Also check your newspaper's classified sections, as well as local guitar stores because they might have a used one in stock, or know someone who is selling one.

Another thing to consider is your budget, I don't know the exchange rate offhand, but I know that Gibsons are very expensive in Australia, and the conversion rate just makes this worse, so $1000 might not be enough for one.

I'd check Australia eBay so you can get an idea of what the going price is for them in your area.

I'm just going to slightly edit the title of your thread so it doesn't look like a want ad.

miniangus

Reaction score
thx everyone also if you find any sg's cheap (say 550-600 us dollars) that can be shipped to australia post the link here
cheers
p.s i am from melbourne

Moose

Reaction score
I'm from Sydney.

As mentioned below, SGs in OZ are going to nearly always be more expensive than the states, although about the same as in UK.

It's unlikely you'll get an SG standard for $1000. More likely an SG special.

Importing one from the states is probably going to work out expensive with shipping, insurance and GST.

I wouldn't exclude ebay. Many guitar shops sell on ebay and you can ring them and deal direct.

Also keep an eye on the sales. I bought a new Blue SG '61 for $1400 which was a fantastic bargain.

miniangus

Reaction score
thx everyone any ideas how much it would cost to buy all the bits for an sg and put them on eg. tuners, pickups, bridge strings????

Latest posts