Yes please!!!

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Nah. An ESP would be better in my opinion. They tend to have a flatter neck making it easier to play faster and usually come with a 25.5 scale.
The Floyd rose is recessed into the body too.

Layne Matz

Reaction score
Ive nwver used a floyd rose but that SG looks like a hell of a lot of fun. Looks like it is tailored for metal butbthats always just an excuse to test what its actually capable of. Looks damn good though.

everdying

Reaction score
Nah. An ESP would be better in my opinion. They tend to have a flatter neck making it easier to play faster and usually come with a 25.5 scale.
The Floyd rose is recessed into the body too.

or a sg-90 with floyd rose...those come with 25.5" scale.

Norlin SG

Reaction score
Bold bold words.
True, perhaps. But just my opinion. If I want to whammy, that is what my Strat is for. Something like a whammy should not be some sort of after thought for marketing purposes, it should be part of the original design. SG's were not designed to have a whammy.

VetPsychWars

Reaction score
They work OK with a Bigsby. Some others say the Kahler unit works really well.

The FRX does not work well if you have a pickguard installed. There are adjustments you can't make properly; basically you can't get it low enough.

That's my experience with it. Feel free to buy mine and see if yours is different. :-)

Tom

Logan

Reaction score
Nope. A Trem does not belong on an SG.
I beg to differ.
full

True, perhaps. But just my opinion. If I want to whammy, that is what my Strat is for. Something like a whammy should not be some sort of after thought for marketing purposes, it should be part of the original design. SG's were not designed to have a whammy.
Gibson disagrees.
76a7fccd5bb7979636d3e884a25c6af1.jpg

1962 Gibson Les Paul SG Standard with ebony block trem.

cerebral gasket

Reaction score
Im not positive but werent some of the eariest models of SGs and SG pspecials equipped witha Vibrola?

Yes, they were.
I had a 1963 SG Special with short vibrola.

A Trem does not belong on an SG.

Technically that is correct.

A tremelo is a modulation effect that varies the volume up and down usually found in the form of a stomp box pedal or as an onboard effect on some amps. I have never seen a tremelo installed on an SG.

A vibrola is the tailpiece and bridge arrangement that produces modulation of pitch up and down with the use of a vibrato bar with the exception of some systems that only allow the pitch to be lowered.

Last edited:

cheshiergrin

Reaction score
. Bigsbys are awesome and do belong on an SG, oh yes they do. Floyd rose, eh do what makes you happy, I don't like em but I don't have to.

Norlin SG

Reaction score
Im not positive but werent some of the eariest models of SGs and SG pspecials equipped witha Vibrola?
Apparently, my statement that SG's did not originally have a whammy bar option is incorrect.

1961 Les Paul/SG (The first year of production).
shopping

Latest posts