Zoom Multistomp or Digitech RP360

Chubbles

Reaction score
I really like guitar modeling software. I've been "experimenting" with them for years (Amplitube, Guitar Rigs, the list goes on). I was thinking about getting a pedal that offers that kind of an interface - control over each virtual pedal. I have never found a multieffect pedal that I really like, but these seem to be moving in the direction of the software I've used. Has anyone tried one of these two pedals or anything else that comes to mind? I'll be checking out GC used gear. Usually a lot of stuff this time of year. Thanks in advance.

RVA

Reaction score
I have the Zoom Ms50 (which really has 100 effects) and the Ms70 cdr. There are many quality effects in there. I am a big fan of these swiss army knives of effects.

They can have the ability to have up to 40 daisy chains of 3-6 effects that can be individually turned on or off.

Chubbles

Reaction score
Thanks!! It's hard to try these in the store, there's a learning curve to using this type of pedal.

I love presets: setting up all those chains /virtual "pedal boards" and switching at the tap of a button. You can download presets for the Digitech, but the Zoom seems to have a better pedal interface.

DrBGood

Reaction score
One to consider is the Vox Tonelab. I have an EX model and it has a 12AX7 tube, which gives it some tube tone. Apart from a looper, it has everything you would ever want in a multi pedal. Very tweakable too. They come up from time to time and are not cheap, but well worth it.

lg_tonelab_ex_top.jpg

eS.G.

Reaction score
Smaller version VOX STOMPLAB 1G here....for guitar
I have the ZOOM B1 for bass (mainly because of the built in drum rhythms.

I almost went with the ZOOM 505 which was quite nice.
BUt Dr.Bgood ----and the fact the VOX was scored on CL for 40.00 was the icing.

took me a bit to get used to the operation of it----but now I love it

Chubbles

Reaction score
Fyi, I just found out digitech is still having software issues with Windows 10. That killed the idea of getting a rp360 completely.

Chubbles

Reaction score
Beautiful. According to the website it's not necessarily working.I read a few complaints. Thanks for the update.

Naked Alien

Reaction score
Another vote for the Zoom series. I've had the G3, MS-50 and MS-70. All were quality. The 70 is on my acoustic board now. G3 has a looper too.

Chubbles

Reaction score
Good to know. I like the format to see the "pedals" and adjust the parameters on the fly easily. Thanks.

Latest posts